Learn how to cook Laksa fried rice vermicelli (beehoon) by following the simple steps below.
Laksa Fried Rice Vermicelli (Beehoon) (4servings)
400g Rice vermicelli (Beehoon)
30g Shallots (4 medium sized)
50g Garlic (1 bulb)
60g Laksa Sarawak Paste
4 medium sized eggs
15g Cooking oil (4 tbsp)
12g Light Soya Sauce
Salt or seasoning to taste
1. Soak rice vermicelli in water to soften.
2. Chop shallots and garlic until fine.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add salt or seasonings to taste.
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Sauté garlic with medium fire for 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.
3. Remove the garlic and set aside.
4. Sauté the shallots until fragrant and soft
5. Pour the egg mixture and stir while cooking for 2 minutes under medium heat.
6. Add the rice vermicelli and Laksa Sarawak paste along with fried garlic and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until well mixed.
7. Add light soya sauce, salt or seasonings to taste.
*Optional: Add in your favorite poultry or seafood before pouring egg mixture for that extra protein.